Every piece of jewelry on thebeadfactory.net is carefully selected for it's quality, style and design. The jewelry on our site is costume or Fashion jewelry. Fashion jewelry tarnishes when exposed to moisture, oils, salts and acids. Our skin transfers all of these, See below for some tips to help prevent your fashion jewelries from tarnishing and last longer.
• Thoroughly wipe each piece of jewelry with a soft, clean cloth as soon as you remove it. The goal is to remove any oil, salt or acid contaminants and to dry the piece.
• Put your jewelry on last... and take it off first when dressing & undressing.
• Store jewelry in a dry, soft zipped pouch or seal it in an air tight plastic bag. Air can cause jewelry to discolor or fade.
• Remove your jewelry before showering, swimming, or exercising. Soaps, conditioners & other chemicals can discolor, dull or cause pieces to fade.
•Dry your hands before handling, or putting on, any piece of fashion jewelry from your collection.
• Moisture will cause stone (rhinestone, crystal, etc...) settings to deteriorate.
• NEVER use cleaners containing alcohol, acid, ammonia or vinegar. They can rust and damage your jewelry.
* This does not guarantee it will not tarnish, but it might help prevent tarnishing and help jewelry last longer . Everybody is different and reacts differently when putting on Costume or fashion Jewelry.